The Sonia Matthews Foundation provides the following Fun and Learning Programs and Activities.
- Performances Participants will be going against one another in a sporty manner testing each other’s skill, battles will be held at a location on NYCHA grounds location will be released.
- Filming- Participants will be filming music videos or movies involved with their music.
- Marketing- Participants will participate in ads shown online.
- Music will be played at all events and activities.
- Music battles will be given 3 days a week (may change per location).
- All video making will also be done at different times of the day and may be filmed on NYCHA grounds and off.
Photography / Video
- Taking pictures of events- Volunteers and or participants will work on taking pictures of all listed activities and events that have been listed and are going to be listed.
- Having all tournaments and battles recorded and photographed give the participants a chance to be seen on multiple social media sites such as Facebook, IG, YouTube and our web site not only to market the Foundation but to market the participants and hopefully help them in achieving a Dream.
- This may take place every day in the beginning so that we can get things on Social Media and start getting seen by others, times may vary and all information on time and locations will be provided before and all parties will be informed.
Acting / Writing
- Members will sign up for roles in productions listed for auditions, this may vary, and we will use all members that signup for this program from all ages, this way every gets to participate.
- Writers will be sort after for productions in Movies and ads for small businesses in the community and sponsors and for musicians all material presented will be reviewed and once approved used and marketed on our social media platforms and You Tube.
- Practice- Participants will need to practice in groups and partake in group challenges against other teams, battles will be held at a location on NYCHA grounds.
- Events- Participants will perform for other participants, members and guests.
- Videos- Participants will film videos of practices, events, battles and performances, which will be seen on multiple social media sites we have such as Facebook, IG, YouTube and our web site not only to market the Foundation but to market the participants and hopefully help them in achieving a Dream.
- This takes place 3 times a weekday and times may change due to location.
- Working online- Participants and members will have the opportunity to utilize the world web to help with things such as schoolwork, projects, job search, and more no social media sites will be allowed.
- Mentoring- Participants and members will be able to give advice or help from other members on what they’re working on or learning and will start after school.
- Will also be held 3 days out of the week and if possible 5 depending on the time of year in the summer hours may vary and, in the winter, the same. But this is something that is truly needed from our viewpoint.
Sports (Both Genders)
- Basketball- Members participate in practice tryouts, games, tournaments, all-star games and special tournaments.
- Flag Football- Members and participants in practices tryouts, games, tournaments, all-star games and special tournaments.
- Soft Ball- Members and participants in practices tryouts, games, tournaments, all-star games and special tournaments.
- Boxing will be held at certain Gyms easy to access for the members No Tournaments just Training we all should know self-defense.
- Cheerleading- Members and participants will practice, tryouts, games, tournaments, all-star games and special tournaments.
- As we said earlier these games will be recorded and photographed for social media sites listed above.
- Traveling to different states to see different cultures and people and how and what has affected them learn of Histories told and untold.
- To educate members while showing them that many have the same issues in these different places.
- Internationally and National travel, giving members a chance to see places and experience new things and meet people in other states and countries and create memories that last a lifetime.
- Food Preparation- Members and participants will cook food to provide at the activities and events in their community or help with others.
We want to have these programmers and activities going 6 days a week and with the help of you and the Police Department whether it be PSA or NYC police I believe we can make a change in a lot of Communities a lot sooner than expected. We also have a list of other Housing Developments we will like to infuse the Foundation into, and are already working with other agencies to help get kids summer jobs, help young fathers and gun provision groups, to show the youth and young adults that someone is here to help them if they have not received it in the past.